Advanced Vascular Surgery
For patients whose vascular condition is at a more advanced stage, minimally-invasive endovascular surgery may not be appropriate. Traditional vascular surgery is performed with a larger incision, allowing the surgeon better access to the treatment area.
Every patient referred to Deborah Specialty Physicians for a vascular condition undergoes a thorough screening to assess his or her health status and the progression of the condition. While our first priority is to address the patient’s condition with medication and/or a diet and exercise program, some patients will require surgical intervention. Our surgical teams recommend endovascular procedures whenever appropriate because they are less invasive.
Vascular surgery may be
recommended for any of the following:
- Carotid endarterectomy for critical carotid stenosis
- Lower extremity bypass for severe peripheral arterial disease
- Distal bypass surgery for limb salvage
- Dialysis access surgery for end stage renal disease
- Open aortic aneurysm repair for abdominal aortic aneurysm